September 30, 2016 12:42 am
From cool blues and smoky greens inspired by scenic mountaintop views to warm neutrals reminiscent of transitioning leaves, this season’s paint trends, according to Ace Hardware design experts Nathan Fischer, Katie Reynolds and Julie Richard, create classic, elegant palettes that bring the outdoors in. Below, the designers’ top paint picks and ideas for fall:
• Changing the color of the front door to a natural green, with accents like Adirondack chairs or planters in the same color family.
• Make your home feel warmer with colors like chocolate brown or creamy beige in a variety of accessories, such as lampshades or a rug.
• Neutrals don't have to be boring. Try incorporating rich beige with lavender undertones to add a whimsical twist to a room.
• White walls are anything but simple. Go for soft, off-whites to achieve a clean, polished and timeless look.
• Use darker neutrals—think cool charcoal or deep brown—sparingly on accent pieces, such as a side table or a headboard, to add sophisticated dimension.
• Implement forest greens, which create a masculine aesthetic, in intimate spaces, like a bedroom or library.
• Mix in darker teal hues as an accent color, with more muted greens on walls or larger visual areas.
• Paint interior window frames in a cool-toned black to create the steel-frame, “modern-farmhouse” look popular this season.
• Go for the bold with a wowing red on kitchen stools, side tables or even picture frames—statement-making colors complement a neutral space.
Source: Ace Hardware
Published with permission from RISMedia.